No Throwing Fish.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

A lot of driving

Drove from Pemberton to 100 Mile House yesterday. That's 275 km, and possibly more than I've driven the entire trip. I passed by a couple of small towns, Lillooet and Clinton, which didn't really have a whole lot going on. Shortly afterward, I came across a sign reading "Chasm." NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'.

I camped last night, at a campground which was deceptively far from where the "camping, turn right" sign led me to believe. Only about 25 miles after the signs saying "this way" did camping finally exist.

Attempting to do laundry today, I repeatedly failed at inserting a canadian $10 into a change machine, only to have someone instruct me to insert the bill face-up. I believe I lost about a thousand cultural literacy points at that moment.

Photos

3 Comments:

  • The proper response in that situation is this:

    WHICH SIDE IS FACE UP ON THIS QUEER PIECE OF PAPER? THIS MONEY MAKES NO SENSE LET ME BACK IN 'MERICUH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 26, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

  • You could've made it worse by using an American dollar and said WTF!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

  • God, I remember being a kid and seeing this stuff when my family drove through Canada. Soooo fucking beautiful! Makes me jones for a road trip.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 26, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home