No Throwing Fish.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Las Vegas is a silly place

Prior to arriving in Las Vegas, I stayed a day at a $35 motel, which had wi-fi, cable, and a shower. What else can a man ask for?

In vegas, I managed to avoid gambling, whores, and marriage, and yet still had a good time - despite the Star Trek Experience having closed a mere two weeks before I got there.

Driving through the desert is rough. I spent much of it sweating out all the water I was near-constantly ingesting. The Desert Bus guys have it easy.

The Colorado Plateau, where all the parks are, has a lot more to look at. In Zion, they give biblical names to a lot of the rock formations - I'm not sure if this is because of their glorious majesty, or just because it's in Utah.

I managed to fall on my left knee while climbing on some rocks I wasn't supposed to climb on. This has ruled out any hiking for the last couple days.

Thankfully I didn't fall into the canyon; there are a surprising number of places where this is very possible thanks to no railings or barriers.

Video: Lizard Action

Photos

Also, old fact: Unlike other states' picture of a tent with the "no" symbol through it, the "No Camping" logo in California is a Vanagon with a "no" over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home